Monday, May 4, 2009

Social Networking

I have never been onto any sites like Facebook, Twitter or Bebo until today. It is amazing what you can do! I have just joined up with Bebo and don't know half of what it can do. It has such potential use for libraries all over the world. Just think of chatting with another library on the other side of the world. You could search their catalogue and ask questions about their library. All the young and old people who use sites like Facebook and Bebo could have access to your library profile and learn about what you have on in your library. They could learn about all the services that are available in your library and it would encourage them to visit your library. You would be able to find out what books, DVDs, and magazines the young people are wanting in your library and be able to better fill that need.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Katie

    Are you a member of facebook? If so do you think you could send me your facebook link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel simply buy instagram followers real because that’s how I felt when I noticed I’m not obtaining anymore twitter followers in along while.

    ReplyDelete